Welcome to the Mercyhurst University Mathematics and Computer Systems Department. Please explore this web site and discover what the department, faculty, students and Mercyhurst University have to offer. Along the way you will get to see some of the web-related work of our students.
The department offers degrees in both Mathematics and Computer Systems. The Mathematics program offers a degree in Mathematics and a degree in Mathematics with secondary education certification . The Computer Systems program offers a degree in Computer Information Systems with concentrations in Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems or Web Information Systems.
We are excited to welcome three new faculty members - Fall 2013
- Lauren Williams -- Ph.D. in Mathematics from the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee.
Her research interests lie in the application of combinatorics to problems in representation theory. In addition, she is a very talented artist, known as Milwaukee Pencil.
- Bowu Zhang -- Ph.D. in Computer Science from The George Washington University.
Her current work focuses on Mobile Health, which include a wide variety of topics in the intersection of Wireless Sensor Networks, Machine Learning, and Distributed Systems. She also has a background in electrical engineering.
- Keshav Pokhrel -- Ph.D. Statistics from the University of South Florida. His research interests include change-point problem, extreme value statistics, nonparametric statistics, functional data analysis, time series analysis, longitudinal data analysis, linear mixed models, bayesian analysis, survival analysis, epidemiology of cancer, and ordinary and partial differential equations. He has a background in both mathematics and physics.
Ok, not the university. Most of the mathematics faculty moved out of Zurn Hall to the 4th floor of Old Main, in the Tower (except for the cornerstone of the building: Don Platte).
- Bowu Zhang: Old Main 400
- Lauren Williams: Old Main 401
- Pat Kelly: Old Main 402
- Keshav Pokhrel: Old Main 403
- Roger Griffiths: Old Main 404
We have a map of the tower offices.
The host server for this site is maintained by the department (both the
hardware and software). The twofold
purpose of the server is to assist in the education of our students and
to provide information about the department and its programs. If you explore
our student work, you may run into the occasional broken link. This happens generally because our
students have control of the content that they place on their sites as they learn the various web
technologies. As a result they will often move or remove content, thus the broken link.
- - enjoy. . .