Contact Information

E-mail: aberardinelli@mercyhurst.edu

Phone: 814-824-2421

Office: Old Main Tower 403

Fall 2017 Office Hours: MW 1:30-3:30PM, Tu 2:00-3:00PM, Th 11:00AM-12:00PM

About This Site

Click on "Fall 2017 Teaching" in the menu above to view my schedule for the current semester.

Mouse over the "Fall 2017 Teaching" and "Other Teaching" links above to navigate to information about specific courses.

Disclaimer: Pages for "old" courses (from previous semesters) may have different / broken formatting and possibly broken links. Pages for courses the current semester will be kept up to date; if you find broken links there, please notify me ASAP.

PS. Sorry if the formatting is still a little messy on mobile devices. I'm working on it!

About Me

I joined the math and information technology department at Mercyhurst in Fall 2015. My primary math teaching interests include introduction to proofs and all things abstract-algebra-related. My primary computing teaching interests include database management and algorithm design.

Born in and raised near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, I am an ever-faithful fan of the teams in Black and Gold (Steelers, Penguins, Pirates).

I graduated from Ursinus College in 2010 with a bachelor's degree, double majoring in mathematics and computer science. After graduation, I packed up and moved from eastern PA to Texas (DFW area). In 2012, I received a master's degree from The University of North Texas in mathematics. In 2015, I completed my PhD in math at UNT (see my research page for more information).

I honestly believe any college graduate should be proficient (if not an expert!) at using Microsoft Excel. Any introductory course I teach will make that point abundantly clear. With that said, my own tech preferences aren't quite so Microsoft-friendly. On the go, I use Android. On my desktop, I use Fedora 26 (Cinnamon Spin) rather than Windows or Mac. My laptop is a System76 machine running Ubuntu. For word processing, I am 95% LaTeX (the other 5% is plain text, for when LaTeX is overkill).

Other Useful Links

Math and Information Technology Department

Dr. Williams's Cool Applets

Mercyhurst University Homepage