Mathematics Tutoring Spring 2017
Tutoring for the Spring semester will begin with the session on Monday
In the Spring 2017,
- tutors will be available as indicated in the table below,
- the help sessions will be held in Zurn 213,
- the session are from 6:00 - 8:00 PM,
- you must sign in when you arrive.
Schedule for Mathematics Tutors - Spring 2017
6:00 - 8:00 PM
6:00 - 8:00 PM
6:00 - 8:00 PM
|If you have further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Which Mathematics Courses are Supported?
The list of instructors with a link to the course schedule, if available, shown below.
- MATH 111 — College Algebra
- MATH 112 — Trigonometry and Functions
- MATH 118 — Mathematics for the Natural Sciences
- MATH 170 — Calculus I
- MATH 171 — Calculus II
- Who Is Eligible to Use the Mathematics Tutoring?
Students enrolled student in any of the above-mentioned courses are eligible to use the tutoring.
- How Do I Use the Tutoring Sessions?
Show up at the location and times above. Be sure when you go that you have your course
materials (book, notebook, pencil, paper, etc.). Also, be sure to know your instructor's
name, needed when you sign in. The sessions will assist on a first-come, first-served basis;
see the additional remarks below.
- Do I Have to Make an Appointment?
There is no mechanism to make an appointment. Students are asked to come to the session and be
helped by our tutors. Come even if you don't have a question, come and work with your classmates.
Closing remarks regarding the mathematics help sessions.
- The tutors are not there to do your homework for you, or merely show you how to get the
right answer, they will help you discover how to solve the problem. Their goal is help you see
the pattern and hopefully enable you to work independently.
- You are welcome to come to these sessions even if you do not have any questions, this is a good place to form
study groups, everyone there will be working on similar material. You may find that you can resolve
your questions within your study group.
- The tutors will emphasize that you write mathematics, please pay special attention to that aspect
of their instruction. Keep in mind that in college it is your write up of the solution that gets
graded, not simply an answer. The ability to write mathematics is required.
- Be aware that at certain times all the tutors may be engaged helping other students, in other
words you may have to wait until a tutor comes to you. Use that time to work on other problems, look
to form a study group, or look at examples in the text to see if you can figure out how to solve the
problem on your own. Again, your goal is to achieve the ability to work independently, that is how
you will be tested.
- If you are an athlete required to go to a study hall during this time period and prefer the
mathematics help sessions, talk to your coach and we will get you switched to these help sessions (you
will be required to sign in and out).
Courses - Instructors supported ( Spring 2017)