|Instr:||Dr. Roger Griffiths|
|Office:||Old Main 305|
|Text:||Matlab, Third Edition: A Practical Introduction to Programming and Problem Solving , by Stormy Attaway|
|(And)||LaTeX Beginner's Guide (E-book); you can wait until we start class.|
Notes (Spring 2018):
Main LaTeX Links
- Questions:TeX - LaTeX Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for users of TeX, LaTeX.
- Another LaTeX Resources web-site
- LaTeX Wikibooks, open books
LaTeX WikiBooks (pdf) of the Wiki site - v March 2013
- The "Not So Short Introduction to LaTeX2" (pdf) (good intro tutorial) by Tobias Oetiker
- The very short guide to typesetting with LaTeX (4 pages) by Silmaril Consultants
- Short Math Guide for LaTeX (pdf) This guide is a concise summary of the essential features in LaTeX for writing mathematics.
- LaTeX Project Documentation - Lots of links to basic information
- Recall, I asked you to switch to the TeXstudio editor; (switch from Texworks)
Software - Open Source(Free Software generally under the terms of the Free Software Foundation's GNU General Public License)
- - An introduction to Linux from Opensource.com
- - LibreOffice is the free power-packed Open Source personal productivity suite for Windows, Macintosh and Linux, that gives you six feature-rich applications for all your document production and data processing needs: Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math and Base. Compatible with all other major office suites, the product is free to download, use, and distribute (and much better than that expensive virus you are probably currently using).
- - GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.
- The R Project for Statistical Computing - R is a free software environment for statistical computing and graphics.
- XPPAUT a tool for numerically solving differential, difference, or delay equations
- Maxima - a sophisticated computer algebra system
- Octave is a high-level language, primarily intended for numerical computations (similar to Matlab).
- Iode - free, but you will need Octave (see link below) or Matlab to use (phase plane utility).
- SAGE: Open Source Mathematics Software - Creating a viable free open source alternative to Magma, Maple, Mathematica, and Matlab
- Dfield Introduction, followed by: dfield link by John C. Polking at Rice University.
- Some basic course information, not in the syllabus.
- Course Schedule
- Check your grades on line
- Course Syllabus
- A Differential Equations reference